Re: SiPM vs Planacon

Monday, March 19, 2007

Elton was asking about gain adjustment of the individual channels of
the planacon.

As it stands now, the device takes one HV.  Adjustments in gain
variance can be made
by making an individual array of compensating resistors on an
external board.  This scheme
(devised and implemented by Vladimir Popov) has been used to great
success on the multichannel
Hamamatsu phototubes.  So far, it has not been implemented on the
planacons because their
channel variance is much smaller (about 50%) than the Hamamatsu case
(3:1 or worse).  But the
scheme could be implemented with the Burle tubes too.

All the best,

carl.zorn@jlab.org
757-269-7449 (office)
757-584-7449 (pager)