Re: Bug Found!!

Hi David:

It's Good Friday here and the UofR is closed today, I'll see if Blake is
in and discuss this with him, if not, on Monday.  In any case, this is
great news and will hopefuly end the frustration.  Good job and thanks a
lot for all your help and efforts.  May the Easter Bunny be generous to
you this year... :-)

Happy Easter,

George

>>> David Lawrence <davidl@jlab.org> 04/06/07 9:46 AM >>>

Hi Blake,

    I finally found the bug that was causing the problems in the BCAL
timing. It was in the code that determined the reference time to
subtract off of the TDC value. I have fixed it, committed it to the
repository and have submitted jobs to the farm to re-generate the
bcal_dst files for the following runs:

02319
02322
02323
02324
02332
02333
02334  <-- added 2 more files to the list to try and triple statistics
02435
02436
02440
02456
02457
02458
02459
02460
02475
02476

They should show up in the normal place over the next day(s). I have
moved all of the old bcal_dst and bcal_mon ROOT files into a directory
named "old" should you still need them.

When I look at a few events from run 2440, I can see that there is now
300ps resolution between the tagger and the BCAL for photons>500MeV.

bcal->Draw("(tn8+ts8)/2.0+tphoton","Nphotons==1 &&
abs((tn8+ts8)/2.0+tphoton-531)<10 && Ephoton>500")

Let me know if you have any problems with them.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [

  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [

  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[