Re: Understanding PDE information

Dear all,
I attach a table refering to the fine-mesh characteristics which were
missing from Elton's documents.At this point I would like to see in the
table a differentiation between the Planacon B-field sensitivity (up to
10degrees then the signal disappears) vs the fine-mesh (up to 45degrees
small loss ,gain is anyway 10^7)
One more thing which I did not understand reading Elton's document is
where this 84000 phtons/side is coming from and how is divided
evently(?)between readout cells.The number wich we always used was 8000
phtons/MeV of DEPOSITED energy.So one has to run a MC to see how much is
deposited per readout segmentation and this differs between segmentations
by  big factors due to the shower profile.It is obvious that the 20MeV
shower doesn't reach the outer layer  (even the 200MeV produces few tens
of photons)Am I missing something?
                                         Cheers,Christine

Fine_mesh_table.doc