Re: meeting notes/agenda

Hi Elton:

Zisis and I are arriving very late on Sunday night and by the time we're
at the residence, it will be past 01:00.  So, please don't start the
meeting on Monday morning before 10:00, otherwise you will have two very
sleepy guys there and I assure you, you don't want this :-).

Cheers,

George

>>> Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org> 04/16/07 2:45 PM >>>

HI All,

Here is a quick summary of our discussions this afternoon and a draft
agenda that we need to flush out during the week. (Comments are
welcome).

I have also updated GlueX-doc-795 with values and comments which were
discussed at out meeting this afternoon.

Cheers, Elton.

-----------------------------------
Action items:

o Photon detection efficiency (Carl, everyone)
- There was some confusion concerning the reported measurement by Carl
(of
4%) at the collaboration meeting. This seems low compared to
manufacturer's curves (~12%) as well as Richard's previous experience.
Elke asked whether the fill factor is not double-counted. Carl should
comment on this. This is clearly a very important number and needs to be
clarified asap.

o Number of tubes that contribute to dard current (George).
- Elton estimates noise from 32x2 tubes (one module) get added into the
energy sum for one shower.
- Elke wil ask the DESY guys what they really measured PDE or QE

o Impact of photon thresholds on physics (Alex)
- thresholds as a function of angle?

o Uniformity of response
- effect on resolution (Richard)
- Gain vs breakdown voltage, and gain vs breakdown voltage (SensL)
- Gain vs rate (Elke: I think a rate uniformity is also important I
personally
  find the plot on page 12 of /home/elke/public/Garutti.ppt
interessting)

o Dynamic range for calorimeter (George)

--------------------------------
Agenda:

Elton and Elke will come up with a draft agenda and circulate it by
e-mail. Tentative items are

Monday morning:
- Summary of Bcal characteristics including number of expectected
photons,
granularity, etc (George). Trade-offs between increased sampling
fraction (quantity of fibers) and leakage (thickness of detector)
- Update on Specifications and Evaluation Document (Elton)
- Deliberations on what needs to be discussed with SensL in the
afternoon

Monday afternoon:
- Meet with SensL

Tuesday morning:
- video conference including Athens?
- Summary of options using Fine-mesh pmts
- Report by Christina on studies of bcal tests with preshower material

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
12000 Jefferson Ave
Suite # 16