Re: some thoughts on the Calorimeter Workshop

Hi Alex, dear GlueXers,

I probably did not express myself properly. The 150ps I quoted as TOF
resolution
is for one plane.
So one can assume that for two planes (horizontal+vertical) the timing
resolution
from the full device could reach 150ps/sqrt(2)=106ps. So there is
justified hope
that for the full device we can reach 100ps or even below. The only
caveat is that
while the efficiency will be high it will be not 100%, in particular
because we
do not stager the paddles but they are on top of each other or side by side.

cheers,
Beni

--

B. Zihlmann