Re: Inner plate on bcal

Hi Tim, Elke and Elton:

Well, it seems we all agree that a 8 mm Al plate glued on top of the
last Pb (grooved) sheet is a good idea.  We have also agreed that the
base plate will be 1.5" thick instead of the original 1".  I hope that
there's sufficient space for these two additions amounting to ~ 20 mm of
extra thickness.

One more revision needed, as a result of the above changes, is the
budget adjustment.  The extra thickness of the base plate will need to
be incorporated in the budget and all metals have gone up in prices, so
one has to revisit the costs.  The new top plate will also carry extra
costs in addition to the machining costs to trim it to some size just
above the pre-machined top layers of the modules and the machining to
assure some surface roughness to obtain better adherence with he epoxy.

Cheers,

George