Re: BCAL timing from beam test - bafflement - please look

Alex,

Do you mean the multiple peaks in tdc spectra?  These look like the
typical differences in the taggerOR propagation delays, depending on
which tagger counter produced the t0 for the event.  In general, it is
best to always look at differences of individual counter TDC's that take
out the trigger (TDC-stop) time.  There are generally artifacts in the
trigger time that are not very interesting to study.

Richard Jones

Alex Dzierba wrote:
> Dear Calorimeter Crazies
>
> I decided to start looking that BCAL timing information from the beam
> test and am immediately baffled by timing I see in the data for
> Run 2334 (beam normally incident at module center).  Please look at:
> http://dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu/~dzierba/ARDGlueX/BCAL/timing
>
> Am I missing something that has been discussed before?   I want to
> know before I proceed further.  Please let me know.
>
> Cheers
> Alex

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature