Re: Prototype Lead Glass Detector Assembly

Hi John,

I apologize I did not get back to you sooner as I was out of the office
yesterday. I believe this will be a good set up for the prototype for
the mechanical assembly. We will see if the sliding plates work as
expected. The center tube will be something with alot less material, but
I do not think it matters for this prototype. When the cell wall is
added, we will also be able to verify that the blocks stay put.

Thanks,

       Tim

Frye, John M wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Attached are a few screen shots of the proposed lead glass detector prototype.  The first shot is a layout of the lead glass blocks.  For the prototype there will be a total of 64 blocks, with a 4 block area in the center for a beam tube.  The second shot is of the assembly.  I was planning to construct the frame from 2" X 2" X 1/4" Aluminum tubing, in an attempt to make the project more physically manageable, yet rigid enough to be stable.  The rest of the assembly will be 1/2" Aluminum plate.  In the design I tried to incorporate the main features of the larger design, like the support rails, the large compression plates, and a beam tube.  The photo tube array guide rails are for later on, when we will attempt to make the detector assembly functional.  Matt and I would like to know if there is anything else you would like to see in the prototype design, outside of what has been included.  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John M. Frye
begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Whitlatch, PE