Re: BCAL base plate (fwd from Tim)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:18:46 -0400
From: Tim Whitlatch <whitey@jlab.org>
To: George Lolos <gjlolos@uregina.ca>
Cc: Gilbert Lachat <glachat@phys.ualberta.ca>,
     Jan Soukup <jsou@phys.ualberta.ca>, George Lolos <george.lolos@uregina.ca>,
     Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Elke-Caroline Aschenauer <elke@jlab.org>,
     James Pinfold <pinfold@phys.ualberta.ca>,
     Zisis Papandreou <zisis@uregina.ca>
Subject: Re: BCAL base plate

Hi George,
 It would definitely be helpful to machine a prototype. We need to
establish what the initial size needs to be for layup (before final
machining with lead). Also the tooling holes need to be worked out. How
much extra material is needed on the edges for layup? Also what are the
tooling features required? This can be marked up on a drawing and we can
incorporate it into the design.

Cheers,

       Tim