Accounting of Pb blocks, pmts and cables (from Beni)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:42:08 -0400
From: Beni Zihlmann <zihlmann@jlab.org>
To: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>
Subject: Re: Tracker (fwd)

Hi Elton,
this is the mail I sent to Matt about my current understanding of what
we have at IU.
PMT:
         I counted all photo multiplier tubes we have in room 011 and
found 2755 PMTs
         in boxes labeled either "tested good" or "retested".

LEAD GLASS:
        I counted one box completely and used this to estimate the other
4 boxes located
        all in the "ant-room" to the clean room. I estimated a total of
2820 blocks.
        Box1: 580 (counted)
        Box2: 460 (rough estimate)
        Box3: 598 (very good estimate)
        Box4: 584 (very good estimate)
        Box5: 598 (very good estimate)
        I think the only uncertainty is in Box2 where I suspect that not
all the layers
        are fully complete. There are in the order of 20 blocks in use
somewhere.

CABLES:
        I located 10 boxes (black palettes) in and around the clean room.
        1 full box in the clean room labeled Crate#4 containing 426
        2 boxes in the clean room containg 224 finished and 146 partly
finished
        4 boxes ouside on the side of the clean room labeled Crate#2: 363,
           Crate#3: 329 the two other boxes are blow the boxes #3 and #2 so
           I could not read the lables. but I suspect they are labeled
#1 and #5
        3 boxes outside the entrance to the "ante-room" where two boxes are
          basically full and one contains maybe 100 cables.
        2 card board boxes in front of the "ante-room" containing maybe
a total of 100

        so in total we have 7 boxes (black plastic palettes) full
containing about 2200 cables
        and other boxes giving maybe another 300 cables. So the estimate
of a total of
        2500 that Matt mentioned is probably close to what we have.

I hope that answers your questions.

cheers,
Beni