Re: cal working group meeting Monday 10?

Hello everyone:

there has been a development that makes possible a Calorimetry Working
Group meeting for this upcoming Monday, November 10.

Specifically, George and I were to have shifts on the SANE experiment
in Hall C.  However, the polarized
target magnet developed a problem in its superconducting coils that
prevents it from ramping it up.  All shifts have been cancelled for
the time being.

Therefore, let's go ahead with the meeting this coming Monday.  As
usually, it will be at 10:30 EST.  I will prepare an agenda later this
morning.

-Serguei, would you be ready to give us a update on APDs?  Please aim
at 10-15 min max, leaving time for discussion and questions.  I'll
provide links to your materials from the Calorimetry Wiki page.
- Matt, you guys are welcome to give your updates as well.  :-)
- Christine, will you be able to join?

Cheers folks, Zisis...

On 4-Nov-08, at 5:49 PM, Elton Smith wrote:

> HI Zisis,
>
> As I mentioned at the last calorimeter working group meeting, I will
> be
> away at PANIC next week. Can you run the calorimeter working group
> meeting?
>
> Serguei has agreed to give a status of APDs and possible use of this
> light
> detector with the Bcal, and I think it makes sense to go ahead with an
> update if he is ready. He has sent me some materials that might be
> useful.
> I have placed them on the web for easy access at
>
> http://clasweb.jlab.org/elton/talks/Tut-Musienko.pdf
> http://clasweb.jlab.org/elton/talks/Sadigov_talk-Beaune-05.pdf
> http://clasweb.jlab.org/elton/talks/CMS_APD_for_CLAS.pptx
>
> I am not sure if it is appropriate to post them on the portal, and
> he is
> promised to update the last one with the most relevant information.
> Serguei can contact you directly with the latest information.
>
> Thanks, Elton.
>

> Elton Smith
> Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
> 12000 Jefferson Ave
> Suite # 16
> Newport News, VA 23606
> elton@jlab.org
> (757) 269-7625
> (757) 269-6331 fax

---
Dr. Zisis Papandreou		|  email: zisis@uregina.ca
Department of Physics	|  tel. : (306) 585-5379
University of Regina		|  tel. : (306) 585-4149
Regina, SK  S4S 0A2		|  fax. : (306) 585-5659
World Wide Web:    http://www.phys.uregina.ca/sparro/zisis/