Cable + shaper board

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Gerard, Fernando,

Today the 18m long cable arrived! Thanks.

After installing it a problem showed up with the shaper board. It was the
same problem that showed up before: some channels have a 10x lower gain
than the others (ch 1-2-3, starting from zero). It is a bit worrisome that
before the problem showed up in only one channel and after a while it
recovered but now 3 channels show it. More info and some scope traces can
be found in:

 	http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/CDC_20_02_2008

To me it looks like the problem is somewhere near the 3M connector because
when you inject signals using the other connector the problem does NOT
show up. I used two different cables (the new one and the one Gerard made)
and the problem persists.

For the moment we just take cosmics anyway + one read out channel is now
used to read out the cosmic trigger using the NIM signal attenuator from
Gerard.

Would it be reasonable to ship another shaper board to CMU soon?

Cheers,
 	Yves

                           /--------------------------------
                          /   Yves Van Haarlem
        _--~~--_         /
      /~/_|  |_\~\      /      Carnegie Mellon University
     |____________|    /        Department of Physics
     |[][][][][][]|:= /          Wean Hall room 8404
   __| __         |__ \       	 Pittsburgh, PA 15213
  |  |[] []  ==   |  |   \   	    Tel.:   +1 412 268-6949
  |  |____________|  |    \                  +1 412 641-9252
  /__\            /__\     \	      Fax.: +1 412 681-0648