Documentation

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Elliott -

  a few small comments about the latest version of your document.

Page 1, 3rd paragraph.  The GlueX detector not the Hall D detector,
its CLAS in Hall B and GlueX in Hall D..

Page 2, Trigger section, same comment as above.

Page 14, paragraph after the bullets

 "....data must be considered ..."
                      ^^
 "alarmed on in real time ...."
               XX remove on
 "... one a run" --> "once per run"
                            "once per shift"
                            "once per day"
Page 18, Hall networking bullet:

                100Mbit is very old and GB is now the norm. Should
say "networks faster than 1GB will be the standard by the time
       we purchase"

             Our computing bullet.
             quad-core is now the standard. 6-core is supposed to be end of 2009 and
8-core by 2012. It is a very safe assumption that dual 8-core machines or better will
be the standard by the time we purchase.

           These machines are also now available at a reasonable cost. Over the last
6 months, I have purchased 256 cores (dual quads) at cost of about $2500 per 8 core
box.  You should reword this section a bit.

   Cheers -- Curtis
--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University