Re: fADC250 at IU (fwd from Dave Abbott)

Hall D Electronics:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:50:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Abbott <abbottd@jlab.org>
To: "Kornicer, Mihajlo" <mikornic@indiana.edu>
Cc: Matthew Shepherd <mashephe@indiana.edu>,
     Fernando J. Barbosa <barbosa@jlab.org>, Beni Zihlmann <zihlmann@jlab.org>,
     halld-electronics@jlab.org
Subject: Re: fADC250 at IU

    The FADC library itself (which can be found at /site/coda/2.5/extensions/FADC)
is pretty much independent of "CODA". You can use it with standard CODA as
well as Elliott's coda-lite software. I have included several examples of
boot scripts for the vxWorks CPU as well as a readout list (crl) for use
with the standard 2.5/2.6 CODA distributions. If you want to use Elliotts
software you can either get him to create an example for you or take the
CRL example and port the relevant functions to the coda-lite user code.

     David

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Kornicer, Mihajlo wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I am trying to bring up the VME crate that we got here at IU to start testing
> fADC250 with signal from FEU-843 PMT (laser-induced),
> and Beni Zihlmann pointed to your direction.
>
> The crate has ROC, one 16-channel 12-bit fADC250, one ECL to LVPECL PCB,
> and TS (I guess Trigger Supervisor) installed.
> We are at the stage when we can boot roc with VxWorks, which was just copied
> from one of the Jlab machines.
>
> My question is can fADC250 be read with CODA,
> and if so, can we use mini-version of CODA.
>
> Best regards,
> Mihajlo Kornicer

David Abbott                      Jefferson Lab
Data Acquisition Group            Suite #10
F268 Cebaf Center                 12000 Jefferson Ave.
MailStop 12B3                     Newport News, VA  23606
EMAIL: abbottd@jlab.org
Tel: (757) 269-7190
FAX: (757) 269-6248