Hall D target

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Hall D target
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:56:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mikell Seely <mseely@jlab.org>
To: Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>
CC: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Alex Dzierba <dzierba@indiana.edu>,Curtis
Meyer <cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>,Andi Klein
<klein@euler.physics.odu.edu>,Werner Boeglin <boeglinw@jlab.org>,Eric Scott
<eric@dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu>

If possible, it would be nice to keep the cryotarget
"free standing" so that it can be removed for
maintenace/repairs without disconnecting alot of
detector electronics. It would also be convienent
to be able to replace the scattering chamber windows
without disassembling a detector. If you do mount
detectors on the cryotarget OVC then some thought
will have to be given to alignment.

Mike Seely

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Elliott Wolin wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> At the recent Hall D meeting we discussed how to support the various innermost
> detectors and cryotarget.  One thought was to support the start counter and
> vertex detector on the cryotarget.  I believe this possible, but your thoughts
> are welcome.
>
> Clearly we need an integrated design for the central region taking into account
> multiple needs and constraints, and you will play a key role in our
> discussions.
>

> 				Sincerely,
> 					Elliott

>    Help feed the hungry, one click at a time:  http://www.thehungersite.com
>
>     "Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind"

n:Wolin;Elliott
tel;fax:757-269-5800
tel;home:757-229-2724
tel;work:757-269-7365
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Jefferson Lab;Physics Department
version:2.1
email;internet:wolin@jlab.org
title:Physicist
note:A218 CEBAF Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Ave MS12H=0D=0A;Newport News;VA;23606;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;21408
fn:Elliott Wolin
end:vcard