Hi Rate Tests / Target Factor

Dear Collaborators,

The rates in the detector (of course) depend on the target thickness. This
factor was not put into the first plot I made to summarize the Hall B
tests at high intensity (viewgraph 3). To estimate the rates in the Hall D
detector one should multiply the rates by

Hall D target thickness / Hall B target thickness = 30 cm / 18 cm = 1.7

The result is that the hall D rates are comparable to hall B rates during
electron beam running for a current of 1micro A (3 x 10**7). This is still
good news, but worse by a factor of 1.7 than it used to be.

I have an updated plot which will be posted on the web this morning.

Cheers, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab