Meeting with Cardman (fwd)

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:08:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>
To: Alex Dzierba <dzierba@indiana.edu>, cardman@jlab.org, elton@jlab.org,
     Curtis Meyer <cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu>
Subject: Meeting with Cardman

Hi Alex,

Paul and I met with Larry.

Before we started, Larry indicated that we will need a summary of the
Design Report which could be included in the White Paper for the Energy
Upgrade. (August time frame). Crisp motivation for the physics for the
general NSAC committee member is needed. The summary should justify the
physics, describe the detector, have examples of expected data quality,
etc. The White Paper is likely to follow the outline of the physics goals
presented by Larry to Dennis Kovar last month. (I will fax you copies of
this).

We then talked how to proceed on Hall D specific items:

1. civil construction: Larry will send a message to Christoph requesting
that Radcon spend time on assessing the shielding requirements for Hall D.

2. R&D Funding: I let him know that we will bring a prioritized list of
work that needs to be accomplished for Hall D in about a week. We need to
spend the dollars wisely, but he is agreeable to let us set priorities.

3. Magnet: Proceed one step at a time. First step is

- Official Transfer Request
  Larry is waiting for a draft letter from Alex for requesting the
  transfer

Next Steps:

- EH&S plan for dismantling and moving
- Removal of items not associated with magnet itself
- Disconnect magnet and make ready for move

Cheers, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab