More on permanent magnets

Hi,

Elton points out that we probably need permanent magnets even if the beam is
below grade.

I was worried about keeping the electron beam from reaching Canon Blvd.  Elton
reminded me that we don't even want the beam to reach the detector.

There still may be savings for the below grade hall, as the bend angle could be
lower, decreasing the cost of the permanent magnet.

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

   Help feed the hungry, one click at a time:  http://www.thehungersite.com

    "Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind"

n:Wolin;Elliott
tel;fax:757-269-5800
tel;home:757-229-2724
tel;work:757-269-7365
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Jefferson Lab;Physics Department
version:2.1
email;internet:wolin@jlab.org
title:Physicist
note:A218 CEBAF Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Ave MS12H=0D=0A;Newport News;VA;23606;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;21408
fn:Elliott Wolin
end:vcard