Re: radiation measurements

Hi Elton
This is actually not the test of damage to the fibers. This is to measure
the radiation profile from a known photon beam with a known target and
location. What this will measure is the radiation map generated as a
function of position, beam intensity and target i.e. luminosity.
Fibers will only be damaged by radiation doses well outside the TLD
reliability range, so we already have setup the procedure for these
measurements, whihc will use a source. However , to get a clear indication
how long a fiber detector could run in Clas and ultimately in Hall D, we
need to know the radiation fluxes much more precise than what Will Brooks
got (in his own words ). This is the ultimate goal of this test. We
propose to measure at a few angles, corresponding to the smallest angles
in Clas and we probably would not need more than a couple of measurements.
andi

Andi Klein
Department of Physics
Old Dominion University