Notes from Meeting with Pavel Tue 13

Hi Pavel,

I have noted down the work items which talked about at our brief meeting
yesterday. Please comment/add to this list.

1. Need up-to-date model of hall to get accurate (factor of 2) estimates
for the boundary doses during normal operation.

2. Better estimate for shielding around collimator (not including forward
shielding). Present estimate is 1.5m of concrete or 2 m of dirt.

3. Require neutron background rates in hall due collimator setup. This
estimate can be extended to the region of the counting room during normal
operation. Calculations should be made as a function of photon flux (power
on collimator), so that personnel limits in the counting room can be
estimated during routine operation.

4. Summarize ground water activation calculations for the BSY dump, which
can be used to predict the environment around the Hall D electron dump.
Pavel said he could collect this information before Friday.

5. Work with Kelly Mahoney to define "maximum credible accident." One of
the scenarios should be related to the maximum photon flux which can be
transmitted down the beamline.

6. Related to the last issue, it seems that we will require photon
monitors upstream of the collimator area which are interlocked to the beam
in case of accidentally bringing the beam through a "thick radiator" (back
vacuum or obstruction in the beamline.)

Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab