Meeting Notes Wed Nov 15

Topics:

Hall D Manpower profile discussed. Elliott is putting a note together with
some guesstimates. Electrical engineering/design were the main topics of
discussion, including how to allocate manpower between Hall D and the
electronics group.

Fernando attended the IEEE meeting and met with Fabrizio Catarsi (CAEN).
The F1 TDC project was discussed.

- CAEN is busy with current projects, to be completed by March 2001, when
they can begin new projects. They are quite interested in collaborating
with JLab on an F1 board, but do not have enough information to define
their contribution.

- Another TDC chip, similar to the F1 is being developed and the plan is
to produce the chips in a single shot. Fabrizio will send Fernando more
detailed information so that we can review our interest in this product.

- Ed and Fernando plan to have a concept complete for a TDC prototype
board by Xmas. The board will be in VME 64 format. Ed will work on the VME
interface (back-end) and Fernando will work on the signal buffering,
processing and control (front-end). They will present their concept for
review by the group and they proceed with a prototype, which can be used
help define our overall design criteria for the experiment. This
information can be used for future conversations with CAEN (and other
groups).

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab