Robotics Station Info

Proposal for justification:
--------------------------

(Here I need some words to flush this out)

- Give a general plan for use in Hall D electronics: production of pmt
bases, FADC prototyping and production of limited quantities, + other?

- Additional advantage is the quality control over critical electronic
components

Sole source justifications
--------------------------

Documentation on other systems. Price and performance comparison.

Supplemental information
------------------------

- Estimate for base production is 12-18 months. How much of this is actual
manufacturing time?

- Proposed use for FADC production

Cockcroft-Walton tube bases info:

Company is Nanometrics, Tom Nunamaker. Bases were built for the

References (I can't find actual copies of these at the moment)

B. LU, L.W. Moe, and T.A. Nunamaker, "The Cockcroft-Walton
Photomultiplier Tube Base and the Ethernet High Voltage Controller,"
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University IHEP-91/1, June 1,
1991.

The bases were used for the ZEUS Barrel calorimeter.

"Low Power Phototube Bases and their High Voltage Control," Nanometric
Systems Inc. Oak Park, IL 60302.

Elliott says that Howard Fenker has a 1991 reference to this as well.

Miniature HV systems (used recently by Chris' electronics group for some
pmt bases):

http://www.emcohighvoltage.com/emcoindex.htm

Jefferson Lab