Re: VME320? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:56:28 -0700
From: Chris Cuevas <cuevas@jlab.org>
To: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>
Subject: Re: VME320? (fwd)

Elton,

I have attached a brief paper on the subject of VME protocols and newer
developments/modifications to the original 1981 VME standard.  Fernando points
out some positive reasons to consider the VME320 spec and if memory serves
this has been discussed before.  I believe one of the primary concerns with
using the '320 spec was the issue of proprietary controllers[cpu].  At any
rate, this topic will impact the "final" design for the Hall D TDC.

-Chris
x5053

Elton Smith wrote:

> [...]

vmeprotocol-pp.pdf