VME320 and PCI to VME interface (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:11:26 -0500
From: Dr. Matthias Kirsch <matthias.kirsch@wtnet.de>
To: elton@jlab.org
Cc: abbottd@cebaf.gov
Subject: VME320 and PCI to VME interface

Dear Eltoon,
this morning I ran into an email on the Hall D mailing list about VME320.
I would like to take this oportunity to mention, that we finally started to
ship our SIS1100/3100 PCI to VME interface. For the time being part
of the high end functionality is not implemented yet (2eMBLT64 e.g.).
As we are working with an FPGA based VME master/slave implementation
we are ready to implement synchronous protocols like SST or whatever will
come up however. Currently we are working with a link that goes up to
125 MBytes/s and a 33 MHz 32-bit PCI interface, but one can consider
to upgrade to a faster link and 66 MHz 64-bit at a later point in time.
I'm currently attending the user meeting of the Advanced Photon Source and
will fly to Maui from here to attend the DNP confernce. Will you attend
also?
Best regards
Matthias

Struck Innovative Systeme GmbH