Hall D ramp length update 1410 Tuesday (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:19:11 -0500
From: Jay Benesch <benesch@jlab.org>
To: Suresh Chandra <chandra@jlab.org>
Cc: Roy Whitney <whitney@jlab.org>, rode@jlab.org, krafft@jlab.org,
     harwood@jlab.org, Rusty Sprouse <sprouse@jlab.org>,
     Rebecca Yasky <ryasky@jlab.org>, elton@jlab.org
Subject: Hall D ramp length update 1410 Tuesday

I now have a clean solution at 106m between point of tangency and radiator, with
final beam height 1.25m below grade. (grade == 33' above mean sea level)

If you wish to leave a total of 10m at the bottom of the ramp for future (post-GlueX)
flexibility, 113m at that final beam height.

I have a clean solution with final height 1.5m above grade and the "flexible"
10m at 127m between point of tangency and radiator.  I have not attempted the 120m
solution at this beam height, but wouldn't expect it to take more than an afternoon.

I will do no more work on the hall D line until I receive guidance on preferred
solution.

Jay