Re: Clear Hook Height (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:32:47 -0500
From: Eric Scott <ebscott@indiana.edu>
To: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Eric Scott <ebscott@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re:  Clear Hook Height (fwd)

Hi Elton,

    The original "clear hook height" assumed that puffing billy was
going to be used.  The original "keep out" for the Cerenkov was +/- 3.5
meters (if memory serves) on beam also.  Now what we really need for the
Cerenkov, I don't know.  But if the Cerenkov could have some more
realistic numbers, then the beam height could be lowered (and the
ceiling could be lowered).

    Given the original constraints though, the Cerenkov would set the
"clear hook height" at 7 meters above the floor + 2 meters maneuver room
giving a final "clear hook height" of 9 meters.  This number should more
than cover the interface box for the magnet, but if there is any
question Paul Brindza would be the one to ask.

Cheers,

    Eric