Webcast from CERN

Dear JLab Media Group,

Have a look at webcast.cern.ch for examples of CERN webcasting.  In particular look at the
  archive of slide-based web lectures.  This is pretty much what Hall D would like to do
with our collaboration meetings.

The CERN webcasts use Real player in various modes, including streaming audio and video,
and html for the slides themselves, all synchronized.  I have no clue how they do it.  It
works great on my 450 MHz PIII under WXP Pro with the latest RealOne player.

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

     "Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind"

                "Secular man, by playing God, becomes the devil"

Elliott Wolin
Stalag 602-11
Gulag ARC-ipelago