NEW from Danfysik power supply is tested (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:32:20 -0500
From: Paul Brindza <brindza@jlab.org>
To: Rolf Ent <ent@jlab.org>, kellner <kellner@jlab.org>, vulcan@jlab.org,
     Steven Lassiter <lassiter@jlab.org>, Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>,
     John Cameron <cameron@iucf.indiana.edu>,
     dennis Friesel <friesel@iucf.indiana.edu>,
     Alex Dzierba <dzierba@indiana.edu>, cardman@jlab.org,
     Lars Kruse <lk@danfysik.dk>, Erik Steinmann <es@danfysik.dk>,
     Alexander Elkjaer <pae@danfysik.dk>, swanick@jlab.org
Subject: NEW from Danfysik power supply is tested

Gentlemen

The first of the two Danfysik power supplies has been tested finishing
today.
We ran a lot of tests at many excitation levels up to a maximum of 1800
amps into the HMS dipole without incident and verified all
properties.All systems including excellent ramp/down control, very
stable, controls , interlocks, current readbacks , fast dump and
polarity switch work great. The output is completely noise free
including at start/stop of ramp up/down.
Performance was excellent.
Only some minor field mods were performed.
Both power suppies received the mods simultaneously to save time.

The schedule for power supply substitution tomorrow Wednesday March 19th
is Good.

Please make appropriate arrangements to do the swap.
As of now we are completely finished with the first power supply.

This power supply just tested will go eventually to IUCF to be
integrated with the new/old  Solenoid.

The second power supply will be left in place after testing for
continued use starting  April 6th
as the primary HMS Dipole power supply.

Thank you all for your help

Paul