FDC test DAQ will use common start

Hi,

Everyone I've talked to agrees to try the common start mode of the LeCroy TDC for the Hall
D FDC test.  There is plenty of delay in the cosmic ray chamber cables, and the few cables
needed for the FDC chambers themselves can be made long enough.

I plan to measure the minimum trigger delay through the actual system when we get back on
Tues and switch to common start (with Ed and Ben's help) if this is short enough.

If you disagree, speak now...

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

N.B.  It is easy to switch back to common stop if the common start doesn't work

      Those who sacrifice freedom for small gains in security deserve neither
                             freedom nor security

      Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind

                Secular man, by playing God, becomes the devil

Elliott Wolin
Stalag 602-11
Gulag ARC-ipelago