RE: Coherent Brem using SOS configurations

Dear Elton,

When I was in Jlab recently for the CLAS meeting, Bernhard gave me a copy of
the draft paper from Harut, and as you say the degree of linear polarisation
from the SOS radiation was measured to be only around 5%.

However, the most interesting aspect of the paper is I think the way in
which the authors use a second diamond crystal mounted in its own goniometer
downstream of the radiator to act as an alalyser to measure the degree of
linear polarisation of the photon flux. Furthermore the analyser is tunable,
since by changing the crystal orientation, the photon energy for which its
analysing power is maximum can be changed. I think this could be potentially
very advantageous for hall B and certainly for Gluex.

I am going to follow up the idea at Glasgow, and I think your suggestion
that a workshop is organised at JLab, to which experts in the field are
invited is an excellent one.

Regards,

Jim.