HallD Meeting minutes

Hi All,

	 Here are some minutes from this morning's meeting.

-Dave

Attendees: Elton S., Ravi A., Dave D. David L., Paul B., Ben W., Ed B.

ES: Collaboration meeting report. MOU's - JLab MOU needs to have
    a lot of care to be as accurate as reasonably possible.
EB: Calorimeter can be made 2/month which means 2 years for fabrication.
    Not really room to store them all though.

PB: More motivation for hall construction.
ES: Building not expected to be ready until the end of 2007.
EB: The 2 year schedule is based on completely smooth operation for
    2 years. 3 years are more realistic.
	 Prototype to be constructed this summer and then tested at Serpukov.
	 2005 is earliest to expect real production on BCAL.

ES: I'll circulate schedules for people to review.

DD: What was the decision on how central detectors will be inserted
    (one end or both ends)? Answer- both ends.

PB: Two magnet tagger got little resistance at meeting.
ES: Some concerns were raised in smaller meeting. Concerns
    about the vacuum box. How to support it between two magnets.
PB: That's easy.

DD: What is expected (construction) completion date?
ES: Not well know. Based on optimistic estimates, 2008.
DD: May be hard to get all funding in just a 3 year period.
EB: May be lucky to get CD1 a year from now. Construction can't start
    until 2006.
ES: CD1 doesn't give money for construction so construction can't
    occur in 2006 (unless SURA loans the money up front.)

PB: Any commitment to taking over Cherenkov design.
ES: Collaborators from UTenn have expressed serious interest.
EB: We have post-doc who can start working on simulations. He has
    some experience with PID.