Re: Meeting scheduled regarding: CAEN Visit by Franco Vivaldi & Jacopo Givoletti (fwd)

Electronics folks,

Is this meeting with CAEN going to be available via VRVS or telephone
or ?

I wonder if we should start having conference calls to discuss
electronics, say once a month?

There are some interesting fairly new chips from Linear Technology:

LTC2231
LTC2234  these 2 are 10 bits, 135 MSPS, $24

LTC2221
LTC2224  these 2 are 12 bits, 135 MSPS, $40

These are in a 7 x 7 mm QFN package which is even smaller than the
Maxim parts.

I'm somewhat concerned by the MAX1124 solution for the GlueX CDC; it's
$50, we don't need 250 MSPS for the CDC, and although the converter
chip cost may not dominate the module cost, going to 250 MSPS does
imply faster (more expensive) FPGAs to buffer the data.

cheers,

Paul