Additions to R.Yasky's notes on the meeting with RadCon last week

Hi,

A few additions/comments concerning Rebecca's notes of the meeting with RadCon last week:

- we need to verify she has the correct beam height above the tagger floor and the correct
ceiling height.  Same for building dimensions...do we need any extra width to allow for
rigging equipment?

- much discussion about which side of the building to place the access door and the
personnel door...we need to discuss this further.  The problem is that the ramp cannot be
placed at a 45 degree angle entering the southwest corner.

- much discussion about access to and egress from the tagger building, including upstream
tunnel and downstream alcove

- verify she has the correct radiator location in tagger bldg

- much discussion about the location of the electron beam dump, and why it is so far from
the tagger bldg.  Also, RadCon suggested possible alternative designs.  Any problem if the
dump was closer to the tagger bldg?

- there may be as much as 5 feet of open space between the counting house and Hall D...is
this a problem?

- need to make final decision on trenches in the H-D floor...I think we already decided,
but must verify (only big, fixed power cables in trenches, everything else in cable trays).

- need spec on shielding between collimator cave and H-D, incl weight, material,
thickness, etc.  The collimator cave will be somewhat hot, but Rad I training will
suffice.   There may be roped off areas, hot spots, etc.

- access labyrinth probably needed between collimator cave and H-D, but RadCon has no
problems with small penetrations in the shielding wall (e.g. for a cable tray) as there
should be no line-of-sight with any hot-spot.  Need to verify this.

- need specs on max length of tagger power cable runs to guide service building placement.

- need to agree on assignment of responsibilities for photon beamline safety system
between H-D and Accel.

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

  Those raised in a morally relative or neutral environment will hold
		    no truths to be self-evident.

Elliott Wolin
12000 Jefferson Ave MS 12b3
Newport News, VA 23606