Re: [GlueX] Welcome to Elke (fwd)

Dear Elke,

Please accept my warmest congratulations. We look forward to working with
you closely as you take over the position of Hall D group leader. Next
year will be an exciting time for the project as we move forward into the
project design phase to achieve the CD-2 milestone.

Sincerely, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab

==== from earlier today -----------

Dear Alex, Curtis, and George,

Jefferson Lab is pleased to announce a successful conclusion to the
international search for a Hall D Group Leader over the past year.  Dr.
Elke Aschenauer has accepted this position and will be joining the
laboratory in early December.  Dr. Aschenauer comes to Jefferson Lab from
her present position as the spokesperson for the HERMES experiment at the
DESY laboratory in Hamburg, Germany, a position she has held for the past
three years.  From her eight years of experience with this major
experiment, as well as work at HERA-B and PSI, she brings a broad
expertise in scientific management, major installations of scientific
instrumentation, hardware development, data analysis, and simulation work.
She will join the Physics Division and the 12 GeV Project Team at a
strategic time, the start of the formal Project Engineering and Design
phase which is marked by vigorous preparations leading up to Critical
Decision 2 approval in Summer 2007.  Please join us in welcoming Dr.
Aschenauer to Jefferson Lab and Hall D.

Regards,
Tony Thomas, Larry Cardman, Allison Lung, Will Brooks