update to HDGeant

Dear colleagues,

After taking a look at the model of the Central Drift Chamber (CDC) that
Curtis brought to the
November meeting, I knew that my geometry model had the stereo layers
put in wrong.  Since
then Curtis sent me a program that he used to determine the drilling
hole positions in the end
plates, which I used to correct the Hall D geometry model.  Unlike
before when I tried to use
the description in HDFast.db to guess what it was supposed to look like,
now the layers actually
fit without straws overlapping each other.  I have checked in the new
geometry into cvs.  To get
it you can just do cvs checkout hdds.  There are now 23 layers instead
of 22, the stereo layers
are in a different order, and so on.  Basically things have changed.

At the meeting I also learned that the cathode strips the HDFast.db has
on the inner and outer
CDC windows are not currently a part of the design.  I see that they are
still defined in the HDFast
geometry.  Has someone checked to see what happens to our polar angle
resolution when these
are removed?  I am not suggesting that we put them back in, but just
asking if the resolution studies
are consistent with the current detector design.  If so then it would be
helpful to get the working
version of HDFast.db into cvs so we are all looking at the same detector
description.

parameter to the <point>
and <shower> tags.  They are there to aid in the development of
reconstruction code by giving
the "true" values of the track/plane intersections and shower
coordinates.  From the track="int"
parameter you can tell which points go together when stitching track
segments together.  The
track number is just the number that Geant assigns to a final-state
particle at the beginning of
an event, and gets inherited by all of its secondaries.  Yes, photons
have "track" numbers too.

To get and run the new code, you need to cvs update your hddm and
HDGeant areas in cvs
and rebuild hdgeant from sources.

Richard Jones