Re: FDC Material and Noise Rates

Hi, Matt.

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
> For example, is the current geometry "option 1" with revised
> chamber frames.  How does your description for the material in the
> inactive area match GlueX-doc 800 that Richard used to create the
> revised geometry?

Dan's description of the material in the inactive area is consistent with
GlueX-doc-800.  The current geometry, however, is different from
Dan's option-1 in that the copper thickness is 1 micron instead of 2
microns and the low-density foam in the active area has been
removed.  Also the 10 cm diameter hole in the cathode planes is not yet
implemented.  Actially the current geometry is more like option-2 than
option-1.

> Finally, do you really want rates for every active element in the
> FDC?  The last time I did this, you asked for rates in just a few
> planes.

I think it makes sense to find the rates for each strip for a
small set of planes (covering the 4 packages) as you did before.   I am
not sure there is much additional information to be gained from doing the
calculations for the full set of planes.

Simon