Re: Empty events (again)

Dave,

I applied all of the latest updates from the main trunk under
subversion, and ran with your control.in, but none of the events looked
unusual to me.  In particular, the events you listed (84, 464, 493, 532)
all had copious numbers of CDC hits.  Can you remind me what you mean by
no hits?  Literally that, just a Monte Carlo header and no contents in
the <hitsView> element?  I have now initiated a complete rebuild of the
exact release-2009-05-27 and will try that one as soon as I can get it
to build.  Right now, I am getting hit with "unrecognized Red Hat
release" messages from the BMS make system.

-Richard J.

David Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
>     This problem with events occasionally showing up with no hits seems
> to still be present, albeit at a much lower level. I reported on this a
> few weeks ago and promised I'd send you the details needed to reproduce
> it. I'm now finally getting around to it.
>
>     I have attached a control.in file that exhibits the problem in
> events 84, 464, 493, and 532 when run with release-2009-05-27. (Note
> that this is release-2009-05-27 as of todays patch, not the original
> release-2009-05-27).
>
>     I should note that these events show the problem when running it on
> Linux. I see the same problem when running on Mac OS X, but for
> different run numbers. This behavior is different than when I ran across
> this problem originally where the same event seemed to show the problem
> on both platforms. I don't know if this is because I'm making a mistake
> or something has changed with the random number generators used on the 2
> systems. If you don't see the problem for the event numbers I indicated,
> just let me know and I'll look a little deeper.
>
> Regards,
> -David

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature