Re: target model for Hall D

HI Richard,

For more details of a Hall B target, you can take a look at
http://www.jlab.org/~zarecky/g13a%20file%20directory.htm
See sheet 2 of 4661 as an example from g13.

The total thickness of super insulation is about 5.4 mg/cm2 compared to
107 mg/cm2 of the foam scattering chamber. There is piping upstream for
the hydrogen, but a nitrogen shield is not necessary. I suspect that
Werner was thinking about some of the high power targets used in Halls A
and C.

Cheers, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab MS 12H5