[Fwd: Re: Collimator cave]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Collimator cave
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:56:46 -0400
From: Rebecca Yasky <ryasky@jlab.org>
To: Tim Whitlatch <whitey@jlab.org>
CC: Suresh Chandra <chandra@jlab.org>

Tim,
An amendment is planned to be issued the week of July and any design work will need to be done in advance of this.  To answer your questions specifically,
  1. I do not know.  I will check with Suresh to see if we need to go back to the A-E to answer your question.
  2. I assume you are referring to additional 10,000 lifting eyes similar to those in the Tagger Area.  If yes, the design would be simple (just indicate locations).  If no, I need to check with Suresh on availability or have the A-E do the design which would require a second amendment to be issued prior to September.
  3. As soon as possible on the comments so we have time to include in the amendment especially if design work is required.
Rebecca

Tim Whitlatch wrote:
Good Morning Rebecca,

I have a few questions for you;

1. How much margin is there in floor loading for the collimator area? If we add 50,000 lbs would it still be ok?

2. Is it possible to add some lifting eyes or cast some I-beams into the collimator cave ceiling? The total weight supported would be 20 tons max.

3. We have come up with some possible interference issues as discussed previously. When do you need all my comments/requests for the contract?

Thanks,

      Tim
begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Whitlatch, PE