Hall D and Tagger comments

Hi Rebecca,

I have finally gone through my findings as we were laying out the areas
and developing installation plans. As a result, I have the following
requests;

1. As we found some potential interferences with HVAC and cryolines in
Hall D. We request that a contractor layout be done of the North wall
before concrete is poured.

2. After reviewing installation plans in the collimator area, it was
determined that we would need some type of gantry system for
installation and repairs. Attached is a sketch showing the approximate
requirements for ceiling supports. This can also be layed out before
concrete pour. This requires plates mounted in the ceiling that can
handle up to a 20,000 lb load.

3. After reviewing the plans for installing the tagger magnet, it was
also determined that some type of gantry system would be required.
Attached is a sketch showing the approximate requirements for ceiling
supports. This can also be layed out before concrete pour. This requires
plates mounted in the ceiling that can handle up to a 20,000 lb load.

This probably entails a new design for the ceiling plate. I am not sure
where the money is for this.

Thanks,

       Tim

Ceiling lift points Tag and col6-13-08.docx

begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Whitlatch, PE
n:Whitlatch;Timothy
tel;work:757-269-5087