Updates to software

Hi All,

    I have been working furiously lately to get the software in shape
for the BCAL beam test. This includes some tweaks with JANA and in
particular with the BMS system (Makefiles). I have made somewhat
significant changes to the Hall-D BMS system and mirrored those in the
JANA BMS system (which is essentially the same thing).

    One of the main differences in the new BMS system is the inclusion
of a "make install" target. Now by default, all binaries are initially
built in the source directory tree in directories liked .lib, .bin, and
.obj. They are copied into the $HALLD_HOME directory on "make install".

    The bottom line is: If you update your source directory and it
breaks your ability to build, try a fresh checkout. If you still have
problems, let me know.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[