Update to JANA

Hi All,

    I just committed a change to JANA that adds buffering to the event
input stream. The short of it is, events are now read by a separate (but
equally important) thread with their references stored in a buffer.
Processing threads then pull the events from the buffer rather than from
the source directly. The benefit here is that one only needs to be
inside the mutex lock now when accessing the buffer and not while
reading the event from the source. This should improve the scaling of
the event processing rate quite a bit when going to large numbers of
threads. Thanks to Richard for suggesting this last summer.

    The change has a corresponding change in HDDM/DEventSourceHDDM.cc so
if you update your JANA distribution, you should update your DANA code
as well.

Let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[