FDC geometry options

Hi Folks,

    I want to follow up on an issue from the June 5th Software meeting
regarding material in the detector for the various FDC options. At that
meeting, Mihajlo showed a couple of plots comparing the single photon
reconstruction efficiencies for the "original" FDC design as well as
options 1 and 2. His plots can be seen here:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Single_photon_reconstruction_efficiency

His plots showed realtively little difference between the various
geometries with only statistical differences between the option1 and
option  2 geometries. This was inconsistent with the momentum resolution
plots I showed on the same day which indicated there was a discernible
difference between the geometries.

Since then, I have produced radiation length scans of the 3 geometries
which can be seen on the wiki here:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Image:20070615_radlen_root.gif

These appear to be consistent with scans done by Richard Jones that can
be seen on the wiki here:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Detector_Material_Budget_in_the_Forward_Direction

In order to close the loop on this issue, I think we need to try and
verify Mihajlo's plots. I suspect  there may have been a bug somewhere
in the ones shown on June 5th. Mihajlo, could you please re-check this
to see if you still seen the same thing?

-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[