Re: makefile changes: make stops on error immediately

For what it's worth, I agree, but I suspect that David won't.

We've talked about this a few months ago.  If possible I would make
the build stop and and your screen flash hot pink when build errors
are detected.  :)  David will tell you that he finds it frustrating
when some part of the source tree that you may not need keeps your
build from being successful.

As an alternate we discussed the idea of having make set an
environment variable when it encounters and error and the last make
target would interpret this error and print something like:

*** WARNING:  Errors were encountered.  Your build may be incomplete.

But we didn't talk about if and how one might implement this.

Cheers,

-Matt