Changes to HDGeant

Hi All,

    I just committed several changes to HDGeant, hdds, and HDGEOMETRY.
The short reason is that
now the magnetic field map and FDC Lorentz deflections field are
obtained through the calibration database API rather than from local
files. With these changes, I have finally made the 1500A field the
default (and only about 3 years after we got it!). This bridges a part
of the connection between the simulation and reconstruction so that
parameters such as attenuation lengths, drift velocities etc, can be
specified in a single place. )The other part is the geometry information
that originates in the XML which is still not done.)

    This required some significant changes since now hdgeant had to link
in with C++ code. I have checked it out on Mac OS X, Ubuntu6 and RHEL4
and it seems to compile and link just fine. However, I anticipate some
folks may run into issues. Please let me know if you are unable to get
it to link properly.

    Since information is now being pulled from the calibration database,
you will need to make sure your JANA_CALIB_URL environment variable is
set appropriately to point to where you have checked out the calibration
constants (svn co https://halldsvn.jlab.org/repos/trunk/calib).  I have
updated the documentation on the wiki to help with this (albeit sparse):

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Getting_started_with_GlueX_Software

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[