Re: genr8, HDgeant and photons

Hi Matt,

Your charged particles are going to splatter in the calorimeter and
also be reconstructed by the clusterizing algorithm.  Unless you are
doing anything to specifically veto those requiring exactly two
photons is a bad idea.  In the studies we did the only charged
particle was the recoil proton and we were able to suppress the shower
it generated by looking at reconstructed vs. generated polar angle.
My suggestion would be to loosen your cuts and look for the two best
photons to make a pi^0.  I believe the pi^0 factory should provide
with all fitted combinations of two photons.  In the longer term we
need to develop an algorithm to extrapolate tracks and "tag" showers
that come from hadronic interactions.

-Matt