Re: bug forum

Hi Blake,

    I don't think the forums are being trolled very actively so this
e-mail list is probably your best bet for getting a quick response at
the moment.

    I believe the problem you are seeing is coming from a non-up-to-date
version of JANA. You should grab the latest, numbered version from the
JANA web page (currently 0.4.4 at
http://www.jlab.org/JANA/releases/jana_0.4.4.tgz).

The building and installation have changed a little recently, but there
is an INSTALL file inside the src directory once you untar it. Let me
know if you still have trouble.

Regards,
-David

Blake Leverington wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been having problems compiling the HallD software on my desktop
> (Mandriva 2008), on the Hydra cluster (RedHat Linux 8) and on the CUE
> which I thought should have compiled flawlessly but doesn't (I've
> posted the error below). I've tried following the instructions on the
> WIKI but I get errors when compiling. Is there a forum or FAQ setup
> that I can go to to post errors or problems I'm having and someone can
> help me if they have an idea what's wrong or should I just use this
> email list? Some of this might be my software skills lacking but I'd
> hoped it wouldn't have been quite so frustrating to install this.
>
> -Blake
>

> Error from compiling on the (jlabl1) CUE:
>
> make -C TRACKING
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/u/home/leverinb/HallD/src/libraries/TRACKING'
> g++ -I. -I.. -I../include -I/home/leverinb/HallD/include
> -I/group/halld/Software/builds/LATEST/include
> -I/group/12gev_phys/builds/PRODUCTION/include
> -I/group/halld/Software/ExternalPackages/xerces-c-src_2_7_0.Linux-i686/include
> -D_ROOT_ -pthread -I/apps/root/PRO/root/include
> -I/apps/root/PRO/root/include -O2 -Wall   -c -o DTrack_factory_ALT1.o
> DTrack_factory_ALT1.cc
> /group/12gev_phys/builds/PRODUCTION/include/JANA/JEventLoop.h: In member
>   function `const T* jana::JEventLoop::FindByID(long unsigned int)
> [with T =
>   DTrackCandidate]':
> DTrack_factory_ALT1.cc:477:   instantiated from here
> /group/12gev_phys/builds/PRODUCTION/include/JANA/JEventLoop.h:392:
> cannot call
>   member function `virtual const char* DTrackCandidate::className()
> const'
>   without object
> make[1]: *** [DTrack_factory_ALT1.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/u/home/leverinb/HallD/src/libraries/TRACKING'
> make: *** [TRACKING] Error 2

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[