Re: event.xml

Hi Mark,

    The event.xml files is supposed to be aligned with the hddm_s.h file
in the same directory. Actually, it is supposed to be *older* than the
hddm_s.h file which is derived from it. Somehow, the repository now
checks this out with timestamps such that the hddm_s.h appears older
than event.xml triggering a rebuild.

    What should happen is that no remake is attempted when a fresh copy
is checked out from the repository allowing the hddm tools to be made
and installed. Then, if one modifies event.xml, the hddm-schema tool
will be in place to regenerate the hddm_s.h as needed.

    At leaset, that is what is *supposed* to happen.

Regards,
-David

Mark M. Ito wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The file event.xml in the src/libraries/HDDM directory is confusing
> me. It seems to be coming out of the subversion repository:
>
> A    src-gcc-4.3/libraries/HDDM/event.xml
>
> and built as part of the make, generating the following error (on
> re-makes only):
>
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/w/work5621/marki/gluex_f8/halld/src-gcc-4.3/libraries/HDDM'
> --------- generating xml file
> cp
> /w/work5621/marki/gluex_f8/halld/src/programs/Utilities/hddm/schema-hddm.xsl
> .
> schema-hddm event.xsd > event.xml
> /bin/sh: schema-hddm: command not found
>
> I also do not see how it can be made before the "programs" build is
> done. What is supposed to happen here?
>
>  -- Mark

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[