Re: CDC hits in MC data

Dave and all,

Regarding your explanation below,
> The "tdrift" member of the DCDCTrackHit class gives the drift time
> plus time of flight from the vertex (at t=0 by definition) in ns.
please remember that the times generated by the Monte Carlo are not
referenced to the vertex time.  I don't know what you are doing in the
DCDCTrackHit class, but if you are just taking the time values out of
the Monte Carlo output record and assuming that they are referenced to
the vertex time, this is not correct.  They are timed against the
machine bucket clock, not the vertex time.  This includes physics events
from an external MC generator.  The difference is just the z vertex
position relative to the center of the target in ns, so for tracking you
can ignore this nuance.  For pid with ToF, the difference is important.
You probably know all this, but I was not sure just now reading your
exchange with Mark.

Richard J.