HDDM documentation

Folks,

After a discussion with David L. on output formats, I realized that I
don't know much about HDDM. The only formal documentation I could find
is GlueX Note 65, which was very useful, but a bit to high level for me
to go forward from it. I did a google search on HDDM and found this:

  http://www.gpsys.com/products/HDDM-8.htm

but no relevant web or wiki page. In particular, I think I might try to
build and run a toy application using HDDM as persistent data.

Any of you have some pointers to more documentation?

  -- Mark